Safety Tips for KaliPAK Power UsersAs with any appliance, the user should first read the KaliPAK user manual and safety guide before using the device, and meticulously follow its safety guidelines and maintenance procedures to ensure optimal performance and maximum safety while using or storing the unit.
Concerning the mentioned safety issue, the KaliPAK includes various protection features to prevents its battery from catching fire as a result of overcharge, overload or overheating. Its input charging socket and output ports (USB + 12V DC) include safety features as well.
The KaliPAK internal battery pack includes dedicated protection circuit (PCM) against over-charge, over discharge, over-current, short-circuit and over temperature condition. Moreover, KaliPAK battery packs comprise original Samsung or LG Li-Ion cells offering superior performance and the highest safety level currently available on the Li-Ion market.
KaliPAK charging input port includes an onboard internal fuse and incorporate over-voltage and reverse-voltage protection circuit.
KaliPAK USB outputs and 12V DC out ports includes current limiting circuits, which protect against overloads or external short-circuit condition.
Concerning safety, we have taken the most demanding requirements and precautions
- The KaliPAK unit includes various protection features to prevents its battery from catching fire as a result of overcharge, overload or from overheating.
- The unit input charging socket includes internal safety features.
- The KaliPAK internal battery pack includes dedicated protection circuit (PCM) against over-charge, over discharge, over-current, short-circuit and over temperature condition.
- KaliPAK battery packs are made from original top-tier, grade-A, Samsung or LG Li-Ion cells that provide superior performance and highest safety level currently available on the Li-Ion market. Millions of users worldwide are using Samsung and LG Lithium-Ion technology in their laptops, tablets and mobile phones.
- The Battery cells are wrapped and protected in hard-plastic enclosures that have passed all UN-hazard tests (including drop tests, heating tests over-current and more).
- The KaliPAK box is a customized box that bears a UN-certifications for hazardous materials, namely Lithium-Ion batteries.
- KaliPAK charging input port includes an onboard internal fuse and incorporate over-voltage and reverse-voltage protection circuit.
- KaliPAK USB outputs and 12V DC out ports include current limiting circuits, which protect against overloads or external short-circuit condition.
Follow the following rules and safety information to ensure maximum safety while using and maintaining your KaliPAK unit:
1. Always charge your KaliPAK unit with Kalisaya power supply or solar panel. DO NOT USE unauthorized power source (including third-party power supply or solar panel) or accessories that have not been approved by Kalisaya.
2. Do not charge or use the KaliPAK at a temperature greater than 45 C or below 0 C degrees.
3. Do not place or expose the unit to open fire or heat source such as stove, oven, fire camp etc...
4. Never leave the unit unattended while charging it. Disconnect power supply from main and from the unit as soon as charging is done.
5. Keep the unit away from children reach. KaliPAK is not a toy!
6. Keep the unit away from water; always keep the unit clean and dry.
7. Store the unit in a dry place below temperature 55 degrees Celsius.
8. Use Kalisaya protective cover/case to protect it against dust, moisture and wetness.
9. Do not store the unit inside a car during hot summer days.
10. When connecting your smartphone, tablets or any USB-enabled device to the unit USB output charging ports, always use the original USB cable provided by the original manufacturer with your device.
11. Do not disassemble the unit or its internal battery pack; No serviceable parts inside.
12. Consult technical support if any question arises.
13. Stop using the unit if it overheating, smell or malfunction. Return it immediately to an authorized distributor.
14. Please keep following our KaliBLOG for more updates and documentation to come.